Wednesday, January 26, 2011

10pm is the new midnight...

I told myself an hour ago I'd be in bed by now. Alas, I'm not in bed. Instead, I'm sitting at my computer trying to figure out why I'm such a procrastinator. I can't even go to bed on time. I'm so sure. Heaven help my children.

It occurred to me earlier today that I forgot to mention I had a birthday last week. Ryan was out of town, but the kids and I partied till...well, at least until 7pm, when it was time to head to bed. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast (Pillsbury--full of awesome preservatives!). AND! Lilly and I made pink cupcakes during Cal's nap. I lit my birthday candles and instructed Lilly to sing to me. She was way into it and so happy to oblige.

Since Ryan was going to be gone on my actual birthday, he arranged to take me to the city (that's what Northern Californians call San Francisco...so lame and pretentious of us, I know). We have a good friend here in Sacramento who can say, "I have a place in the city," and he graciously offered it to us. Yes. I took all that cash we would have spent staying at our favorite boutique hotel and quickly made my way to Lululemon with it. I've decided that I should only be spending money on workout wear--it's all I wear anyway. I'm such a suburban housewife. Gag.

(me in the city on my birthday celebration weekend)

But. I've figured out the perfect volume level in my car at which my kids can watch their shows and I can still hear my NPR shows. I might be suburban, but I'm informed!

And now I'm tired. I went to spin at 5:30 and got worked. It felt great, but darn it, losing weight is so much work. I really don't want to have to work so hard at it. Ok?

On the agenda for Thursday: preschool drop-off, 45 minutes cardio workout, check Ryan's work mail, maybe buy a gallon of paint, preschool pick-up, nap/quiet time, ?????, dinner, bath, bed.

5 comments:

k. said...

I love this post.

Love that you instructed Lilly to sing, especially. That's amazing.

And, I'm kind of insanely jealous of how perfectly pretty you are. Seriously.

Also. Mike is in San Francisco. I almost went with him, except that I can't handle another cross-country flight with Q right now. Sigh.

kimi + joe said...

Happy belated birthday!

I've been waiting for Ryan's annual birthday tribute post and this seems like a great substitute. Glad you had a such a special day with your little ones and that you could celebrate early with the hubs. It's pretty darling that Lilly sang so enthusiastically to her mama.

Heidi said...

5:30 a.m.? if yes, wow. I always wish I was that person that cou;d be at the gym at that time.

I'm glad you got to celebrate your birthday in "the city".

Ryan + Jess said...

I LOVE lulu lemon. I am such a sucker for ANY of their gear.

Happy belated birthday!

Good luck with choosing paint. We went with a color called something awesome like "Amish Canvas." It is a lightish brown/tan. It is always so hard to choose - that small sample always look way different on the wall.

Farrah said...

Oh lulu how I love thee, if only you didn't charge me $117 for one pair of perfect yoga pants that fit like a dream.