Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mine don't work, mine are broken.

I haven't known today's date all day. I kept meaning to look at something that would tell me, but I forgot. I see it's the 27th. Ok. I'm 4 1/2 days into Ry's trip/our meeting in Orange County. Only 7 1/2 to go! I think I can do it.

Lilly's fever from Monday, the one I thought was no big deal after it went away, returned with a vengeance early this morning. It hovered around 103 all day, but she seemed better by bedtime. Somewhat better, I mean. I'm really hoping tonight goes well because I'm sick of my kids being sick. It's no fun for them, and it's no fun for me. I'm so tired of Scooby Doo. So very, very tired of it. Thank goodness the power went out for almost two hours this morning--saved me from a few episodes at least.

Anyway. It's pretty clear to me that our Tibetan prayer flags are duds. Things are pretty gloomy around here. A blackberry photo to document the actual flags hanging in our garage is below. Maybe I should go out and pull some threads and scatter them about. That's what they do on Everest. Only the threads aren't pulled. Instead, the flags start to fall apart and the remnants are then left to float and flutter about the mountain, spreading blessings to all. Maybe I need more faith.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I like your Union Jack!

Hope your kids get better -- that is so hard.

k. said...

Maybe feel better because your garage is probably roughly the size of my apartment? Nah. That probably doesn't help.

You can do it, you can do it, you can do it.

Missy said...

Can't wait for you to come down! We are going to party like it's 1998! Maybe not...but we will have fun

WaterTown said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-budidaya-ternak-ayam-petelur-untuk-pemula