Friday, February 25, 2011

He turned 2 February 20th...

My little boy turned 2 years old a few weeks ago. But, because I'm such a lazy blogger, I didn't get a chance to tell the blogging world what a perfect child he is. He really is a joy. He sleeps, he eats, and he loves his mama. What more can I want? He is going through a bit of a tough time regarding sharing, but I'm hoping it passes soon. Lilly is such a good big sister and usually just gives up and lets him have what he wants.

We spent his day doing the things he likes to do: eating pancakes, playing at the park, and playing with balls. We got him the Little Tikes basketball hoop--it was the perfect thing for him. He is slightly obsessed with all things round. His favorite thing to do at the gym is run straight to the basketball courts. He takes his little basketball in and jumps and runs and tries to throw it in the general direction of the basket. I could watch him do it all day--he's the cutest.

He loves to snuggle. He loves his blue blanket, but has now also started carrying his white blanket around too. He's a tickler. He likes to tickle his nose with his blanket and just the other day, I caught him tickling his feet with it. And sometimes he will come to me with not only his two blankets, but a handful of binkies too. More than once a day he will say, "C'mon," and direct me to the chair so we can cuddle for a bit. I'd do it all day long if I could.

He walks around the house all day saying, "Mama!" His animal sounds are awesome--I like it when he says, "meow" the best. Whenever he sees a skull and bones, he says, "ARRRGH." And, he has the best little run. He sort runs and skips at the same time. He gives the best kisses and puts his hands on my cheeks sometimes. And when he hugs, he puts his arms around my neck and squeezes.

He has a total sweet tooth. Unlike his sister, he is up for trying any and all sweets. He has his first dum-dum a few weeks ago and finished it in seconds! I guess I know what to use when he starts potty training.

I sorta wish he would stay like this forever.


5 comments:

Missy said...

Way to come back with a good post Jen. He is the perfect little boy.

Heidi said...

I've missed your posts.

"C'mon" ... He summons you to cuddle with him. What a little gem.

k. said...

Amen to Heidi.

So sweet.

kimi + joe said...

Happy Birthday to the little man in your life. He really sounds like a perfect addition to your family.

suzanne gill said...

he is the sweetest.