Thursday, December 16, 2010

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

I should win some sort of award for my pitiful blogging habits lately. Once again, it has turned into a chore and when things start to feel like that, I tend to roll up into a ball and start rocking back and forth.

I hate chores.

But here I am. A Thursday night with lots and lots of laundry waiting to be folded. It'll still be there when I'm done here, I'm sure.

A few more from the marathon weekend: Lilly's face gives you some indication of how excited she was to have her cousins here.


Lilly had her preschool Christmas program last Friday night. It was so awesome. To say she was excited about it would be an understatement. She could not wait to get in there, suit up in her drummer girl outfit and belt it out. I was so proud of her! There were a few instances when she would get so into the hand motions that she would be the only one doing hand motions. Not sure what that was all about, but I still loved it.

She's now obsessed with Ryan's iPad. He generously leaves it at home most days and Lilly keeps a tight hold on it. A few days ago she was waiting for one of her games to open and when I asked her what she was doing, she said, "I'm waiting for my game, it's downloading." Not what I was expecting my three year old to say, but ok. I forget sometimes how different her life is going to be--a life where technology is so advanced.

Caleb is still awesome. He must know where is blanket is at all times and is usually running around the house making some sort of noise. He loves to climb and is really into turning his little chair over and climbing up and over it. He calls everything he loves, "Mama." His blanket, his binkies, Lilly, Ryan...it's so great.

Did I ever mention that I watched most of The Pacific with Ryan? I did. It was so messed up. But really, really entertaining. I highly recommend it. I haven't seen Band of Brothers, so maybe I'll watch that next. I'm also sort of getting into Bones. I don't know yet. I like the girl--Zooey Deschanel's sister. Oh! And we watched the most interesting documentary last weekend about Julius Shulman. He was the famed photographer behind all of the famous shots of the Modern homes in and around LA during the 60's. Ryan and I were drooling the entire time and wondering how and when we will be able to live in a ranch home. We don't need all the crazy modern furniture--just the open spaces and lots and lots of gigantic windows.







6 comments:

Heidi said...

Lilly is quite the performer! And does her hair just naturally curl like that?

Bri said...

So,so cute. But I don't get the outfits. Was the Little Drummer Boy Native American?

I really love your stockings, too.

Lindsey said...

love the update and the pics! the technology thing with our kids? it's crazy. oliver is obsessed with the ipad. and the other day izzy asked me to google something. crazy!

beautiful cousins, by the way!

Farrah said...

I'm so with you on the ranch home. My dream home is all one level with huge windows/sliding doors on the entire back half of the house that open onto some fabulous forest-y gorgeousness backyard area with a pool and stuff. But no ultra-modern furniture. Just lots of hardwoods, leather, cashmere and other cozy, warm stuff.

Missy said...

Lilly and Coco's hair is identical!

I love the updates too and especially LOVE that Lilly's hands are up in the air. She has performer written all over her.

k. said...

Curl up in a ball. Yes, yes. I know the feeling. Except mine comes when I have too any photos, or too many things that I feel like I need (NEED!!) to document, & then I don't even know where to start. So I'd rather just totally quit than even try. But then the obsessiveness kicks in, & I eventually do it - while sacrificing things that I shouldn't be (like sleep). I think I have a sickness.