Thursday, December 02, 2010

Whoever invented the advent calendar did not have an impatient preschooler...

The advent calendar might do me in. I know she's excited, but if you knew how many times she asked me if it was time to look under number 2, you would understand my plight. I've only got 22 days to go though and I can do anything for 22 days, right?

The upside is that the advent calendar came from Kellie Fullmer, one of our favorite people, and it's so genius. A mini cupcake tin--exactly 24 spots for little treats. Each spot is covered up with a little decorated piece of card stock that has tiny magnets on the back! So smart. Apparently they are all the rage in crafty blogger land. Shows you how crafty I am.

We are in the process of decking our halls. The tree is up and the lights strewn. I still need to get most (all) of the ornaments on. We did start to trim the tree, but after Caleb managed to shatter at least a dozen glass balls by thinking they really were balls, I gave up. Maybe not so many balls on the tree this year? It's been about five years since I've been able to trim the entire tree (so grabby hands can't get at it), so what's a few more?

Big weekend for Missy coming up! We are so excited to cheer her on and to play with the cousins.


3 comments:

Lisa Olsen said...

Wait until Christmas Eve when she starts at 6 AM: "Is Santa coming tonight? :)

Lindsey said...

i want to see what your advent calendar looks like - take a pic!

oliver is obsessed with the advent too (Izzy has a little more restraint, but loves it). i actually have to put in a very high place so they (and I) don't eat all the candy...

Missy said...

I laughed reading this bc Avery wants to eat them all too. She keeps asking if tomorrow is Christmas too.

We are close!! Can't wait to get there...